I provide LGBTQIA+ affirming therapy, and gender affirming care to help people of all diversity needs confront and resolve identity, interpersonal, psychological, and/or symptoms issues that have led to periods of crises, and to provide support and help so that you can adjust to life again and grow with a more empowered and connected way of living.
I am able to work with many types of issues and conditions, and enjoy working with people of diversity as well as people who are "creative types". I have worked successfully with children, teens, adults, couples, families, and groups. With a specialty in LGBT mental health, gender-affirming care, I provide specialized support and outreach to members of our communities. I have nearly three decades of experience in supporting people who identify as transgender to successfully transition to the extent of their choice.
As a skilled trauma - informed therapist, I can offer therapy using EMDR, Brainspotting, Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), and Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy I also enjoy providing longer-term therapy for people with diversity needs, including newly diagnosed conditions, a history of substance use recovery, artists who feel stuck, people with ADHD or bipolar disorder, social/family issues, and others dealing with life tranistions like those listed below.
I also provide creative expressive and play therapies to children, pre-teens, teens, and adults to treat psychological, interpersonal, trauma, and adjustment issues. I am trained in CCPT, TraumaPlay, Sand Tray, Gestalt Play Therapy, and other nondirective as well as directive play therapies.
I provide treatment specializations that include:
- Adjustment to grief/loss, medical diagnosis, negative life events
- Trauma - focued therapy in treatment of PTSD
- Therapy for Depression, Anxiety, and Bipolar Disorder
- LGBTQIA+ affirming therapy
- Transgender Mental Health: Both pre and post op, support through transitioning, evaluation and letters for HRT and surgical procedures
- Adolescent development and pychosocial issues
- Dealing with issues stemming from old family patterns that no lnger wirk
- Needing support to face and manage life's stressful, relationship, or life- changing issues.
- Addiction & Recovery Issues, especially early recovery and dual diagnosis issues in aftercare.
- Dis-ability adjustment and empowerment issues
- Sensitivity with diversity issues
- Medical Family Therapy: Facing medical conditions that may be life - changing.
Most of all, I encourage and accept clients in my private practice who want to make positive change and are seeking someone trustworthy who cares about your overall well-being as we face the hard yet rewarding change work together. As a partner in your growth and recovery, I use playful and creative expressive approaches whenever possible to harness the healing powers of play and expand our selves through creative expression. I am available evenings with some Saturday hours by appointment. Teletherapy is now a preferred method for most, since you can be comfortable in your own home or private space. Limited office hours are offered - especailly for children. The office is professional and fully wheelchair accessible, including elevator..