I provide brief and longer term therapy to help people confront and resolve issues that have led to periods of crises, and to provide support and help so that you can adjust to life again with a more empowered and connected way of living. I am able to work with many types of issues and conditions, and enjoy working with people of diversity as well as people who are "creative types". I have worked successfully with individuals, couples, families, and groups. WIth a specialty in LGBT mental health and self-accepatance, I provide specialized support and outreach to members of our community. I have much experience in supporting people who identify as transgender to successfully transition to the extent of their choice. I am also available and enjoy providing longer-term therapy for people with diversity needs, including newly diagnosed, early substance use recovery, artists who feel stuck, people with ADHD or bipolar disorder, social/family issues, and others dealing with life tranistions like those listed below.
I provide treatment specializations that include:
- Trauma - focued therapy for PTSD
- Therapy for Depression, Anxiety, and Bipolar Disorder
- LGBT affirming therapy
- Transgender Mental Health: Both pre and post op, support through transitioning, HRT/GRS M2F and F2M
- Creative People who feel stuck or blocked in life
- People who are dealing with disturbing and/or instrusive thoughts
- Couples Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Adolescent development and pychosocial issues
- Grief Counseling
- Needing support to face and manage life's stressful, relationship, or life- changing issues.
- Addiction & Recovery Issues, especially early reacovery and dual diagnosis issues.
- Dis-ability adjustment and empowerment issues
- Near-Death experience and psychological adjustment
- Sensitivity with diversity issues
- Medical Family Therapy: Facing medical conditions that may be life - changing.
- Newly diagnosed or coming to terms with a diagnosis of HIV/AIDS
- Groups forming throughout year: All time-limited for structured improvement
I encourage and accept clients in my private practice who want to make positive change, are experiencing adjustment difficulties to life - changing events that lead to depression, anxiety, and other uncomfortable feelings, and feel stuck as to how to handle these issues. I am also skilled in helping people who are coming to terms with disability and work to help you regain a positive self after disability. I am available evenings and weekend hours by appointment. The office is professional and fully wheelchair accessible, including elevator..